[vc_row height=”small” width=”full”][vc_column][vc_column_text]În articolul precedent am vorbit despre Webster University Geneva, iar astăzi vom vorbi despre University of Essex cu Andrew Mariott, Student Recruitment Officer.
How would you describe University of Essex?
- The University of Essex is the University of the Year (Times Higher Education Awards 2018). We’re home to a truly global community for original thinkers who seek to change the world for the better. Part of an elite group of ‘dual intensive’ universities – gold rated for both teaching excellence (Teaching Excellence Framework 2017) and top 25 for research in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.
- We have three campuses in Colchester, Southend and Loughton. You’re never far away from the capital – each town is under an hour from London by train,meaning you’ll be enjoying the bright city lights in no time
Why do you think students should go for University of Essex?
- We are University of the Year THE Awards 2018
- We are very International, Essex has over 16,000 students from more than 140 countries You can study a language alongside your course at no extra course in your first year.
- There are opportunities to study a year abroad or a plaement year alongside your course.
- Our students love it here – we are top 15 in England for overall student satisfaction (NSS 2019, mainstream universities*)
- Our teaching is gold standard – we were awarded the best rating of Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework assessment (TEF 2017)
What are your top programs of studies?
- Renowned for research in social science, human rights and data analytics, Essex is consistently ranked number one for politics (REF 2014), we’re the only university to be awarded a Regius Professorship for political science by The Queen and we’re in the top 50 for social sciences in the THE World University Rankings. The University school of computer science and electronic engineering has specialists labs and faciltiies and is ranked top 15 for Electronic Engineering (TGUG 2019)
- Essex is ranked in top 100 for Law in the THE World University Rankings (2020)
- We are ranked 1st for drama in the UK in the Guardian University guide 2020
What about entry requirements at University of Essex?
- In the Romanian Diploma de Bacalaureat we look for pass with 8.0 average
- Students studying the IB we require 30 points
- English language requirement for UG: Pass the English exams with a minimum of three components at B2 and one at B1, excluding oral interaction OR IELTS: 6.0 TOEFL IBT: 76 CAE/CPE: 169
Tell me more about Bachelor/Master/MBA studies. I’ve heard good things about your Sciences and Literature programs.
- We have over 250 different courses you can choose to study with us from. Our sciences courses include Biologcal, Biochemistry and Biomedical science. We have recently built a new STEM building which cost £18 million and includes latests technology and digitally integrated microscopes.
- The skills you are learning on a course are all trasnferable to industry and employability.
- Our Essex MBA is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA). Less than 2% of business schools can boast this accolade for their MBA and the AMBA affiliation can add huge value to your MBA qualification.
What about student grants and loans? Any scolarships?
- We offer a Romanian Partnership Bursary which is where wegive £1,000 bursaries for first-year undergraduate students from Romania.
- IB scholarship £2,000 award if you’ve obtained 34 points or more in the International Baccalaureate.
- We also offer sports scholarships, for more information please see our scholarship finder here https://www1.essex.ac.uk/fees-and-funding/scholarship-finder/
What are the jobs perspective after studies?
- 89% of our EU students are in professional employment or postgraduate study within six months of graduating from Essex (DHLE 2017)
- Our courses have employability modules
- It is possible to get a part time job whilst you are study.
Other good things to know…
- We guarantee all of our students university-provided accommodation for their first year of studies, and it’s some of the cheapest in the UK
Our Students Union offers over 150 different sports clubs and socieites you can get involved with. We even have our own Romanian society. Find out more here https://www.essexstudent.com/colchester/[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row]